Friday, December 3, 2010

the state of new jersey

You seemed more working class the last time I saw you. Maybe it’s that you’re talking different, yeah, when you introduce people, or it’s just your clothes this time, I don’t know. Anyway, did you get my email with poems? I would still really like to read in your series. I know I said I’m going to sue one of your best friends, but I think if you judged me solely based on the merit of my work, that would only be fair. You’ve got a great series here, and I mean that, I do, but people who are less fortunate need to know about this. The disenfranchised, there’s a lot of disenfranchised people out there, like me. Forgive me, I know I’m annoying and I don’t really care about anyone else in this room, but I am going to die soon, and that’s real. People need to know that there isn’t gonna be a movie about me. People need to know about it. They need to know about the state of New Jersey.